Your designer swimsuit is beautiful, unique and delicate. To extend the life of the garment and keep it glowing follow these simple steps:
1. Wash thoroughly after exposure to chlorine. It is the biggest enemy. It can diminish the durability of the fabric by breaking down the Lycra Spandex and consequently change the overall shape. It can also cause fading. Use mild soap and avoid rough rubbing. Take an extra moment to rinse the swimsuit well under COLD water and squeeze out the water. DO NOT WRING or TWIST the fabric. Pat dry the metal and hardware pieces to avoid rusting or discoloration and lay the garment flat to dry.
2. To remove salt follow the same steps as cleaning after chlorine. Use a small amount of delicate soap to ensure your designer swimsuit keeps its original appearance.
3. Try to avoid rough surfaces, such as coarse textured pool decks, as these can ruin the smooth texture and delicate nature of your swimsuit fabrics.
4. HAND WASH ONLY. Do not wash/dry the swimsuit in machines, even on a gentle cycle, as it may ruin the accessories and embellishments on the garment. Pat dry the metal and hardware pieces to avoid rusting or discoloration and lay the garment flat to dry.
5. Prolonged sun exposure can accelerate the fading of your swimwear as brighter colours are more sensitive to the sun. Avoid hanging the garment in the sun to dry.